Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: August 15th, 2015
Location: Scrapbooks ETC
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1:17pm. Approximately 40 people were in attendance.
Thank you everyone for snacks.
Guests Diana, Caren, Sara, ERika, Liz, and Mary were welcomed. New members Carol and Terry were welcomed.
- Previous Balance: $2,591.51
- Incoming: $1,255.00
- Upcoming Expenses: Libs Elliot Workshop
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- Libs Elliott – November 14th there will be a full day workshop of her Weight of Love quilt
- Currently full
- Payment will be due on September 1st.
- Guild Retreat
- This year we are staying in Flagstaff at Odegaards Stay and Sew September 24-27
- Currently Full
- September Meeting
- Officer information for November guild elections
- Charity Quilt construction sewing
- WIP (work in progress) sharing
- October Meeting
- Slow Stitch Saturday
- English Paper Piecing (EPP) and Needle Turn Applique Demos
- Lizzy House Meadow Quilt
- Class booked for March 12
- July meeting minutes approved.
- October: Mini Quilt Swap. We will be using Google Forms again this year to collect information.
- Anchor House: Sarah was able to tour the home and meet the first resident. We have donated 3-4 twin and 3-4 baby quilts so far.
- QuiltCon Triangle Challenge: MQG deadline is 11/30, PHXMQG deadline will be the November meeting (the specific templates are not required for our PHXMQG challenge)
- ETC Gift Card: Cindy
- Westwood Acres FQ Pack: Mari
- Batting Sample Set: Nancy
- Scottsdale Quilts gift bag: Barbara, Kelly
- Robert Kaufman Jelly Roll: Katie
- Block of the Month: Ana presented Arkansas Crossroads. Bring a 12″ (12.5″ unfinished) block with a light neutral as the cross pieces to use for a donation quilt for Anchor House.
- Vitamin D Bee
- Favorite Color Swap
- Show and Tell: Ana, Shiloh, Tracey, Michelle, Cristy, Jen, Susan, Colleen, Holly, Bonnie
Activity: Demos and potluck
- Chelsa: Triangle Quilts
- Holly: Calling All Geese Ruler
- Kirsten: Adding Zippers to Pillows
- Shiloh: Using the Wacom Tablet to create script applique
- Becca: Paper Piecing
- Bonnie: Improv Quilting
- Cristy: Spinning Seams
Prepared by: Rebecca Whaling, July 1, 2015