August 21, 2016 – PHXMQG Meeting Agenda
General Meeting; Chandler PD Community Room @ 1PM
Quick Note re Upcoming meetings (all held 3rd Saturday of each month at 1PM):
September – Chandler PD Community Room 1PM – PHXMQG Great Sewing Bee. Swap: bring a collection of at least 25, 2.5″ mini charm squares to blind swap. Please use modern fabrics. Cut some from your stash😉
October – Outside Sit n Sew Gathering. Location TBD. If you would like to volunteer your backyard or other location, please contact Holly at email@example.com
November – Location TBD, most likely Chandler PD Community Room at 1PM. General meeting including elections for the 2017 PHXMQG Board! We want YOU and your ideas!
December – Meeting to be held at Amber’s home. We will play Left Right Center with fat quarters and enjoy a potluck!
- Thank you to everyone who brought a pot luck item
- Introduction of new members & guests
[:02] Secretary Report
Thank you for everyone with their patience regarding the posting of the minutes for June and July. The board had a few family emergencies and so the minutes took a brief summer hiatus. We apologize for the inconvenience.
[:10] President\Vice President Report
- September meeting will be at Chandler PD, 1-4pm
- “GREAT PHX MODERN QUILTING BEE – Season 1”
- Block will be posted September 10th – look for separate post in the near future.
- SWAP: Bring 25 mini charm squares (2.5″ squares) to swap. Please choose modern fabrics.
- October – Sit and Sew (Outdoors) – Looking for suggestions or volunteer with a large yard
- November – Elections – Chandler PD, 1-4pm
- December – Holiday potluck and FQ Swap/Game – held at Amber’s home in Paradise Valley
- Sip N Sew (new evites will go out)
- @ Sip Coffee & Beer House – Wednesday September 21st 6-8pm
- @ Sip Coffee & Beer House – Wednesday October 12th 6-8pm
- Retreat 2016 Secret Sisters to be drawn at September meeting
- November 9-13 (or 10th Thurs) are the dates
- Looking for those interested in taking on board positions next year. Elections will be held in November.
- Modern Minute – See demos for August. Thank you to all who are sharing their skills with us today!
- 2016 Guild T-Shirts – See Holly (VP) to pick up your shirt or to buy one. They look fabulous!
- Committee Announcements
- Block of the Month
- Johnny presented the following blocks:
- Mug Rug Swap today
- Next swap – 2.5″ charm packs with at least 25 squares. We’ll be handing out english paper piecing templates for our Sit N Sew meeting in October. Please have the fabrics be modern. They can be from your stash🙂
- Next challenge – The Great Sewing Bee!
[:02] Treasurer Report (to be updated)
- Balance as of last meeting $
- Money in: $
- Money out: $
- New balance: $
[:05] Door Prize Drawing
Prize(s): Aurifil Thread, Layer Cake, Jelly Rolls, Quilt Patterns, Fat quarter bundle
- Thank you to our sponsors: Westwood Acres Fabric, Aurifil Thread, and Island Batiks
- SHOW & TELL–What makes your piece modern?
- SHOW & TELL August and/or October–bring in WIPs you are stuck on for feedback/suggestions from the guild
- No show and tell in September
[:20] Committee Breakouts & Socialization
- Vitamin D Bee
- Swap – Mug Rug
[2:00] DEMO DAY