As mentioned during the June meeting pre-orders are being taken for the 2016 guild t-shirt! Information is on the PHXMQG 2016 T-Shirt Pre-Orders page.
General Meeting; May 21, 2016 1 pm @ ETC.
- Thank you to May birthdays for snacks
- Introduction of new members
[:02] Secretary Report
- Approval of April 2016 meeting minutes
- Please check email for Roster Questionnaire re member contact information you are willing to share. Roster will be sent out to PHXMQG members only.
[:10] President\Vice President Report
- June meeting details: Meeting will be at ETC. Paper piecing class with Holly Hughes. See supply list HERE.
- Sew In @ Chandler Police – Saturday May 28th 10am-4pm @ Chandler PD Community Room
- Sip N Sew @ Sip Coffee & Beer House (Scottdale Rd & Thomas; 3617 N Goldwater 480-625-3878) Thursday June 23rd 6-8pm
- Retreat 2016 at Odegaard’s Stay & Sew in Flagstaff. Waiting list is being formed. Payment due by July 31st to reserve your spot – can pay today!!!
- November 9-13 (or 10th Thurs) $110/pp
- 2016 Guild T-Shirts – vote on designs and start taking shirt orders.
- Guild T-shirts selected. Holly Hughes will be coordinating T-shirt orders. If you were unable to sign up in the meeting, we will be still taking orders at the June Meeting. If you cannot make it to the June meeting, please contact Holly at vicepresident @ phoenixmodernquiltguild.com by the end of June.
- Modern Minute
- Committee Announcements
- Block of the Month
- Next Swap: JUNE – One hour basket by @Kelbysews see this post about the swap for the link. Bring a completed one hour basket to swap with another PHXMQG member. We will not be making partner assignments and so bring one and we’ll play a game to swap them!
[:02] Treasurer Report
- Balance as of last meeting $
- Money in: $
- Money out: $
- New balance: $
[:05] Door Prize Drawing
- Thank you to all of our wonderful sponsors!
- SHOW & TELL
[:20] Committee Breakouts & Socialization
- Vitamin D Bees
- Swap – Please see notes above about the One Hour Basket swap for our June meeting.
- Quarterly Challenge: JUNE – Use the Kona color of the year in a project. The Kona color of the year is called “highlight” and is a fluorescent yellow color.
[2:00] UFO PARTY
Our June Meeting is 6/18/2016 at 1PM @ETC in Mesa.
We will be having our quarterly swap, challenge, and a paper-piecing workshop in addition to our regular guild meeting agenda. SUPPLY LIST FOR PAPER PIECING WORKSHOP HERE.
Come join us!
For our June meeting we have our Quarterly items: Swap & Challenge
SWAP: One Hour Basket by @kelbysews. This is a free pattern via Craftsy from her pattern company Hearts & Bees. See link HERE.
CHALLENGE: Use Kona Cotton’s Color of the Year: Kona Highlight in a project. This is a bright, neon yellow color. Have fun and challenge yourself!
Hello all! Please check your emails for the PHXMQG Roster Questionnaire. This email should be going to the email address you have associated with the guild or the email address you use for Paypal. Please note that you can choose which questions you want to respond to except your name. This information will be share with fellow PHXMQG members only. Please feel free to contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our May meeting will be at ETC at 1PM. We will be having a UFO party! Bring your unfinished projects to work on and get advice on how to finish, etc.
Please also bring your #quiltsforFortMac maple leaf 12.5″ unfinished blocks.
May birthdays, please bring snacks🙂