Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: May 17, 2014
Location: Scrapbooks Etc.
Secretary Rebecca Whaling called the meeting to order at 1:25pm. Approximately 31 people were in attendance.
Four guests were welcomed.
Secretary’s Report from Rebecca Whaling
April meeting minutes were approved and seconded. Sarah and Ana thanked for bringing snacks.
Treasurer’s Report from Chelsa Knight
- Balance at last meeting: $2,440
- Money in: $24 (1 new member)
- Money out: $355
- New balance: $2109
- Demo Day planned for August. Cards passed out for members to indicate on one card demos they would like to see and on the other demos they could do.
- MQG Michael Miller Challenge deadline extended to July 25th
- Alyssa Lichner of Pile O Fabric will be teaching cross stitch blocks at the June meeting.
- PHXMQG Retreat in the planning stages for September (either 1st or 2nd weekend). Minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 participants.
- Members voted on the June swap and selected mug rugs.
- Bonnie reminded members that fabric scraps are collected for shelter dog beds.
Three door prizes were drawn plus one prize drawing for those participating in the name tag challenge.
- Book: Quilt Lab
- Pincushion Kit from Bunny Designs
- Fabric: Pink Chalk Fabrics fat quarter bundle and tape measure
- Fabric: Treasure Bay Fabrics fat quarter bundle
Economy Blocks Charity Quilt
Members donated a total of 88 economy blocks. Layout will be decided at the next meeting.
- Vitamin D Bee meeting
Show and Tell with 9 participants then Adjournment at 2:30pm
Mini Workshop: Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go-Panels- Rebecca Whaling
Bloomin’ Quilt-As-You-Go Panels were taught using the method described by Cori of “Let’s Eat Grandpa”. Eight members participated.
Prepared by: Rebecca Whaling, May 20, 2014