Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: June 21, 2014
Location: Scrapbooks Etc.
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1:00pm. Approximately 32 people were in attendance.
One guest from LAMQG was welcomed along with new members Colleen, Brooke, Jill, April, and Ronni. Denise and Shanyn thanked for bringing snacks and beverages.
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- The PHXMQG Retreat is booked for September 11-14. The retreat venue has a 10 person limit. A newsletter will be emailed with details and signup information.
- The August Demo Day will include a potluck. Newsletter will include potluck signup information from Bonnie. Michelle will be contacting some members regarding their “will demo” entries.
- MQG Quilt Con signups are on June 24th. Feedback from the Quilt Con Planning meet up was to watch the provided registration videos.
- There will be a Sew Day on Sunday, June 29th at the Chandler Police Station Community Room from 9am to 5pm. Members are encouraged to bring projects such as the Michael Miller Fabric Challenge and/or help with completing the Economy Block charity quilt tops.
- The July meeting activity will be a show and tell of Michael Miller Fabric Challenge projects.
- The guild has an opportunity to purchase an iron caddy pattern complete with heat resistant fabric at a discounted rate. Information sheet was passed to collect signups.
Treasurer’s Report from Chelsa Knight
- Balance at last meeting: $2109
- New balance: $2,524.16
- Nedra will have a quilt appearing on the cover of Modern Quilts Unlimited in August.
Three door prizes were drawn plus two prizes from Alyssa from Pile O Fabric.
- Vintage Quilt Revival – Bonnie
- Apron Pattern – Barb
- Two mini charm packs – Tracey
- Aria Lane Pattern – Louise
- Aria Lane Patter – Becca
- Vitamin D Bee meeting
- Mug Rug Swap (August swap will be a mini quilt)
Adjournment at 2:00pm