Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: August 16, 2014
Location: Scrapbooks Etc.
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1:00pm. Approximately 39 people were in attendance. Thank you all for bringing items for the pot luck.
Five guests and new members were welcomed, Tabitha, Lisa, April, Steph, and Theresa.
- July meeting minutes approved.
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- The PHXMQG Retreat is booked for September 11-14. The retreat venue has a 10 person limit.
- September meeting activity will be Fabric Confetti pillow class by Vanessa. A survey will be sent for class kit options as well as a full supply list.
- October meeting activity will be Herringbone Quilt as You Go with Danny.
- Several QuiltCon 2015 Challenges have been announced.
- Bias Tape Applique
- Michael Miller Cotton Couture Pastels
- Charity Quilt
Treasurer’s Report from Chelsa Knight
- Balance at last meeting: $2109
- New balance: $2,524.16
- Alyssa has asked for help with sewing projects for Pile O Fabric. Fabric is supplied for the projects and photos will be required.
- PHXMQG member and president Michelle Hart was one of three winner of the MQG Michael Miller Fabric Challenge. There were over 700 entries.
Three door prizes were drawn plus two prizes from Alyssa from Pile O Fabric.
- Pixel Play Book – Bonnie
- American Made Brand Fabric – Olivia
- Aurifil Variegated Thread pack – Pam
- Vitamin D Bee meeting
- Mini Quilt Swap
Demonstrations by several guild members.
- Johnie – fabric embellishment
- Lisa – paper piecing
- Alyssa – FMQ
- Terry – faux piped binding
- Ana – double flip hst method
- Lora – EPP
- Jen – Hawaiian appliqué
- Becca – Bloc-locs