Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: October 18, 2014
Location: Chandler Police Department, Community Room
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1:19pm. Approximately 33 people were in attendance. Thank you Tiffany for bringing snacks.
Three guests and four new members were welcomed, Laurie, Nina, Debbie, and Fran.
Secretary’s Report from Rebecca Whaling
- August meeting minutes approved.
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- PHXMQG has signed up for the MQG QuiltCon Charity Quilt Challenge. The challenge uses alternate gridwork and a selection of color from the challenge palette. After being displayed at QuiltCon 2015 the quilts will be donated to local charities. The guild will be using two sizes of a paper-pieced block and use part of the November meeting to sew blocks. Guild funds will be used to purchase solid fabrics in the selected colors from the challenge palette. Members can then choose to add coordinating prints from their stash.
- 2015 Board and Committee Chairperson elections will be held at the November meeting. A description of the positions on the board and committees was given. A follow up email will be sent to all members. Those interested in being included on the election ballot are to contact Michelle Hart no later than November 1st.
- The November swap will be mini-bunting with a seasonal or holiday theme. Details will be included in an upcoming newsletter. Links to examples and tutorials on the PHXMQG Pinterest page.
- Guinevere completed quilting on the Economy Block Charity Quilt. Rebecca will be binding the quilt. There are enough blocks remaining to complete another quilt.
- Aurifil Thread Assortment: Denise
- Fabric Bundle: Melissa
- Vitamin D Bee meeting
- Show and Tell: Johnie and Holly J
Herringbone QAYG Workshop
Danny started the workshop at approximately 3pm. The group used the Maureen Cracknell tutorial.Prepared by: Rebecca Whaling, October 21, 2014