Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: December 20, 2014
Location: Scrapbooks ETC
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 12pm. Approximately 36 people were in attendance. Thank you everyone for bringing potluck goodies.
Guests Wendy, Erica, Julie, Joann, Janice, and Louise were welcomed.
Secretary’s Report from Rebecca Whaling
- November meeting minutes approved.
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- Vote called for updating dues to $35 starting in 2015 to cover local activities as well as national MQG dues (~$15.50 goes towards national MQG dues). Motion passed. Membership page link updated.
- January meeting will be on Saturday, January 17th at ETC. Plans for 2015 will be shared and sewing time to make name tags (Pinterest board of ideas http://www.pinterest.com/phxmqg/quilty-name-tags/. Bonnie shared an idea from another group to have a one add a quarter added to a jar each meeting their name tag is forgotten.
Treasurer’s Report from Chelsa Knight
- To be added
- Holly Hughes’ mini quilt Watershed will be in the QuiltCon 2015 Quilt Show. Approximately only 26% of quilts entered were accepted into the show.
- Pam announced a large amount of fabric to be used for charity sewing available from a destash she recently did for a friend in need.
- Johnie announced that Nimble Thimbles has reserved the Community Room at the Chandler Police Department on Sunday, December 21th from 9-4 for last minute holiday sewing.
- Ana spoke about the 2015 plan for the Block of the Month. Each month one person will demo a different block. Those who signed up were entered into a drawing for a fox pillow cover (won by Wendy).
- Rainbow Fat Quarter Pack: Erica
- Aurifil Pack: Joann
- Tula Pink Book: Johnie
- Lavender Fox Sachet from Ana: Brooke
- Vitamin D Bee meeting
- Swap: Fat Quarters
- Show and Tell: Holly H, Michelle, Chelsa, Cheryl, Jennifer T, Tracy, Danny, Kate, Bonnie, Louise, Julie, Becca, Cristy, Kim, Margaret, Wendy