Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: January 17, 2015
Location: Scrapbooks ETC
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1pm. Approximately 38 people were in attendance. Thank you Sue and Kate for bringing snacks.
Guests Susan, Diane, Linda, Cindy, Wendy, Candace, Sandra, Shiloh, and Eileen were welcomed.
Secretary’s Report from Rebecca Whaling
- December meeting minutes approved.
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- Renewed membership with national MQG
- Membership renewal dues are due by January 30th.
- First challenge of the year – Pantone Color of the Year Marsala. Challenge due at March meeting and is to make anything using the color Marsala
- February Meeting
Treasurer’s Report from Chelsa Knight
- Outgoing: $1,000.00 national MQG guild dues
- Balance: $335.00
- Snack & Hospitality Chair Kate: Signup sheet passed for snacks\refreshments with 3 slots per month
- Vitamin D Bee Chair Brooke: Held signups for 2015 Vitamin D Bee. 12 signed up.
- Swap Chair Katie (represented by Chelsa): February swap is Pincushions. Suggested size is 4″x4″. Crushed walnut shell filling is often used and can be found in pet supply areas in large bags.
- A request came in for someone to hand quilt a king sized grandmother’s garden quilt. Suggested that Gilbert Historical Society is a good resource for these types of requests for assistance with vintage quilts.
- Block of the Month: Holly presented the PHXMQG January Block, Squash Blossom.
- Show and Tell: Michelle, Ana, Holly J, Nancy, Johnie, Guinevere, Wendy, Terry, Julie, Shiloh, Chelsa