Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: May 16th, 2015
Location: Scrapbooks ETC
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1:13pm. Approximately 32 people were in attendance.
Guests Wendy, Carol, Susanna, Charlene, Elaine, and Lana were welcomed.
Secretary’s Report from Rebecca Whaling
- April meeting minutes approved.
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- QuiltCon West 2016 will be in Pasadena, CA. The catalog is due out on June 1st. Registration is June 25th. Quilt show registration opens July 1st. New MQG members need to join by July 19th to be eligible for discounts.
- Reminder that there is a bus tour by Gal Pals traveling to and from the February event. See their flyer for detailed information.
- We have a new sponsor, The Cloth Pocket. A code for for 20% off will be sent in a member newsletter.
- On November 14th there will be a 6-hour quilt workshop taught by Toronto-based quilt designer Libs Elliot. Class size is limited to 20 and an interest sign-up sheet was posted at the meeting. To be added to that list contact President Michelle. Course cost for members will be $80. If spaces remain they will be opened to the general public at a rate of $100.
VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT FROM HOLLY JAMES
- Examples of the guild t-shirt were presented. Several sizes were available to try on. Shirts are on a base of Ash Grey American Apparel Tri-Blend V-Neck T-shirts. Shirts are $25 and will be ordered in batches and delivered to guild meetings. Contact Vice-President Holly for details. A PayPal payment option will be put onto the PHXMQG blog. Cash and Check also accepted at meetings.
- Reminder: The Challenge of the Quarter is Traditional Block Turned Modern. To participate create something fitting the challenge theme and bring it to the June Meeting.
- The June swap is a sewing room sign. Partners will be assigned for this swap so that the sign can be customized to the recipient. Sign ups were posted at the meeting. If you are interested in the swap please contact Treasurer Chelsa.
- Prizes provided by Bernina Connection
- Zippy Pouch: Denise
- Issue of Cloth Paper Scissors: Elaine
- Issue of Generation Q: Michelle
- FQ Pack of Tula Pink Elizabeth: Holly J
- Block of the Month: Johnie presented Tootsie which she designed.
- Vitamin D Bee
- Show and Tell
The meeting concluded at 2pm with the workshop starting at 2:30.
Activity: BIAS CURVES Workshop with CRISTY
Member Cristy taught members bias curves techniques.Prepared by: Rebecca Whaling, April 25, 2014