Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: June 20th, 2015
Location: Scrapbooks ETC
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1pm. Approximately 29 people were in attendance.
Thank you Sue and Kelli for snacks
Guests Nora, Linda,were welcomed. New members Sharon and Carol were welcomed.
- May meeting minutes approved.
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- QuiltCon West 2016
- How to get to the site was reviewed
- Registration at quiltconwest.com opens on June 5th
- Email being pushed from MQG at 7am
- Access through Community Site
- Quilt Show registration opens on July 1st
- July Meeting – Sew In
- Libs Elliott – November 14th there will be a full day workshop of her Weight of Love quilti.
- Currently two spots left. Member workshop fee is $80
- Payment will be due on September 1st.
- Guild T-Shirts – Shirts at $25 and orders are due by July 1st.
- Guild Retreat
- One spot open
- This year we are staying in Flagstaff at Odegaards Stay and Sew
- Retreat cost is $110 and does not include meals. Includes sewing studio space and sleeping accommodation Thursday through Sunday.
- August Swap – favorite color swap
- Draw names and bring 3 fat quarters
- Cards put out for demo day in August/September
- Balance at last meeting: $1419.29
- Money in: $1172.21
- Money out: $0
- New balance: $2591.50
- AQS show will be in Phoenix the week before QuiltCon West.
- Scottsdale Quilts is now open and has open sewing time
- Anchor House: Someone has a baby quilt already pieced and basted. Looking for someone to quilt it.
- Robert Kaufman Jellyroll: Michelle
- Charm Pack from Scottsdale Quilts: Nancy
- Michael Miller GQ Bundle: Lindsey
- Block of the Month: Michelle presented Puss in the Corner featuring 8 at a time HST method
- Vitamin D Bee
- Challenge of the Quarter – Tradtional Block Made Modern
- Show and Tell: Ana, Michelle, Cristy, Julie, Linda, Crystal, Nedra, Bonnie
Activity: Improv Demo with Bonnie Bobman
Prepared by: Rebecca Whaling, July 1, 2015