Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: July 18th, 2015
Location: Scrapbooks ETC
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1:12pm. Approximately 35 people were in attendance.
Thank you Jill, Ronnie, and Theresa for snacks.
Guests Annie, Beth, and Kim were welcomed. New members Susanna, Nancy, and Susan were welcomed.
- June meeting minutes approved.
President’s Report from Michelle Hart
- QuiltCon West 2016 Charity Quilt
- Brief demo video of improv blocks by Bonnie
- Scraps of solids in the challenge colors available
- Use solids from your stash
- Open sewing after meeting to work on improv blocks
- Additional sew days to assemble top
- Libs Elliott – November 14th there will be a full day workshop of her Weight of Love quilt
- Currently two spots left. Member workshop fee is $80
- Payment will be due on September 1st.
- Guild T-Shirts – Shirts are $25 and a few extras in size Medium and Large may be available (contact Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guild Retreat
- This year we are staying in Flagstaff at Odegaards Stay and Sew
- Retreat cost is $110 and does not include meals. Includes sewing studio space and sleeping accommodation Thursday through Sunday.
- August Swap – favorite color swap
- Names were drawn, 3 fat quarters in favorite color of swap partner
- August Demo Day
- Demos from members
- Potluck Signup on Perfect Potluck
- AQS show will be in Phoenix the week before QuiltCon West
- Scottsdale Quilts is now open and has open sewing time
- New Member Susan runs Around the Block Quilting and has offered to quilt charity quilts
- $10 ETC Gift Card: Tracy
- Michael Miller Gemstones Charm Pack: Barbara
- Clothworks Solids Bundle: Michelle
- Sew Organized Book: Susanna
- Block of the Month:Barbara presented Double Pinwheel
- Vitamin D Bee
- Show and Tell: Cristy, Crystal, Kirsten, Stephanie, Candace, Rebecca
Activity: Improv Block sewing time
Prepared by: Rebecca Whaling, July 1, 2015