Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: October 17th, 2015
Location: Gardenview Cottage Gilbert
President Michelle Hart at 1:15pm. Approximately 22 people were in attendance.
Thank you Kate & Chelsa for snacks. Thank you Cara for the location.
- September meeting minutes approved.
President\Vice President Report
- November Meeting
- Triangle Challenge of the Quarter Due
- 2016 Board Elections
- Webinar on Modern Quilting
- QuiltCon 2016 Charity Quilt – Meet up for sewing set for November 7th (call for RSVP will be sent so location can be secured)
- Libs Elliott Workshop in November
- Supply List sent to participants
- Hex and More ruler used
- Class will be held at Sew From The Heart in Scottsdale from 9am-3pm.
- Sew From The Heart will be open at 7am that day for a sale
PHXMQG 2016 Board Elections
- To be added to the ballot please email Michelle.
- Board member term limits are two years
- Committee Chairs do not have term limits. If you are interested in continuing or starting to head a committee please also email Michelle.
- Quilt Along
- Event & Swap
- Vitamin D Quilting Bee
- Challenge of the Month
- Show & Tell
- Block of Month
- A new quilt shop has opened. Modern Quilting is located on Tatum & Cactus and carries a nice selection of modern fabrics including Michael Miller Cotton Couture solids.
- The PayPal button on the Membership page has been updated to accept dues for 2016.
- Bonnie has her Friendship Knot Necklace project featured in the latest Quilt Scene Magazine.
- Block of the Month: Kate presented the Arkansas Traveler Block by Freshly Pieced
- Vitamin D Bee
- Show and Tell
Activity: Open SLOW STITCHPrepared by: Rebecca Whaling, October 24, 2015