Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild Meeting Minutes
Date: November 21st, 2015
Location: Scrapbooks ETC, Mesa, Arizona
President Michelle Hart called the meeting to order at 1:15pm. Approximately 35 people were in attendance including 5 guests.
Thank you Barbara and Nancy for snacks.
- October meeting minutes approved.
President\Vice President Report
- December Meeting
- Annual Potluck (Signups: http://www.perfectpotluck.com/meals.php?t=UKHU0722)
- Left Right Center game with Fat Quarters
- Bring 3 fat quarters to play, number of participants will determine how many games are set up
- Solids can be used but label them with brand and color name
- How to Play Fat Quarter LCR
- LCR requires three specially marked dice (dice will be provided) and three fat quarters (each player brings 3 fat quarters). Each player begins with three fat quarters. The six-sided dice are marked with the following letters, each on one side of the dice L, C, and R. The other 3 sides of each dice are marked with dots. The first player rolls three dice. They pass a fat quarter either to the left, to the right, or to the center pot, depending on the roll of the dice. If any dots are rolled, the player retains their FQ for that die. Play then proceeds to the left around the table. Each player rolls one die for each FQ they possess, up to three dice (ie if you have 4 FQ you still roll only 4 dice, if you have 2 FQ you roll 2 dice). The player then passes FQs as directed by the roll. If a player has no FQ left they are not out of the same (the player on either side of them may be passing them a fat quarter on their turn!) they just do not roll that turn. The last player left with FQs wins the game and all FQs in the center.
- January Meeting
- Cathedral Windows Workshop featuring Missouri Quilt Company Method
- Charity Quilt
- Thank you Bonnie for completing the quilt top
- QuiltCon Quilt Entries
- QuiltCon West Website includes a demo on how to enter
- Entries due on November 30th
- Notifications to be sent out by December 30th
- Mary Fons scheduled to appear at 35th Ave Sew and Vac on December 5th
- Lizzy House Meadow Quilt Class scheduled for March 11th and 12th. Cost TDB
PHXMQG 2016 Board Elections
The following members have volunteered for Committee Chair positions
- Block of the Month: Johnie Scofield
- Charity: Holly Stockinger
- Hospitality: Amber Eilers
- Swaps: Katie Corning
- Vitamin D Bee: Brooke Ringer
- Jenny Doan from Missouri Quilt Company scheduled to appear at 3 Dudes on February 10th.
- Guild Library from Lucky Spool opened. Books can be checked out for one month. For those donated by Lucky Spool they do ask for an honest review via Amazon.
- Fat Quarters from Cloth Pocket: Linda, Bonnie, Lora
- RJR Rainbow Fat Quarter Pack: Rebecca
- Michael Miller Pastel Pop: Mari
- Wool Pack: guest
- Block of the Month: Rasberry Kiss selected by Holly J
- Vitamin D Bee
- Show and Tell