March 18, 2017 1-4pm
The Farm at South Mountain
- Thank you to all members who braved the heat! Who knew March would be so unseasonably hot on the third Saturday?! We put in a request for more pleasant weather, but I guess it wasn’t processed in time 😉
- Introduction of new members & guests
- Approval of February 2017 meeting minutes
- Motion by Kate, Second by Becca
- Last chance to sign up for Latifah class!
- If you group ordered, I have your supplies upon payment
- If you are attending, make sure to review the project page for final details and prep before class!
- We will be meeting at Mulqueens Clubhouse, 10-5 with a break for lunch
- There are a couple areas set for ironing and cutting, but we suggest bringing your own iron/cut station.
- Just a reminder, for the most up-to-date information on our PHX Guild, refer to the blog. It’s updated the most frequently, and since not everyone does the social media thing, it’s the best place for me to devote efforts
- The events calendar is up to date! Locations and times for upcoming events are listed on the Events page, as well as in the live calendar on the page.
- IG is somewhat monitored – we try to post reminders, but with the new feed style, you might not see everything
- FB – we are still having issues with Admin access, so it might not be the best place to get a hold of an officer
- Emails are monitored pretty regularly if you have a question
- Wee-treat class voting email was sent, missing a 4 responses as of Friday, voting will close April 1, and in the event of a tie, I’ll flip a coin. Once the class has been decided, there will be another email with supply information sent.
- Amber will auto-check in ppl for wee treat, there will be a communication coming from her soon.
- April Meeting Info: Carrie Bloomston will be giving a lecture. We will be meetng at teh Chandler Police Station Community Room
- Block Lottery for April
- Draw raffle ticket for March winner
- April Block is “Grayscale” by Cluck Cluck Sew
- Use LOW VOLUME/TEXT prints for “white” and all shades of Gray from Black to as light of Gray available.
- Sip N Sew March 22nd (Wednesday) 6-8pm @ The Village
Vice President Report
- Nothing today
- Beginning balance $3066.47
- Money in $1205.00
- Money out $217.88
- End balance $4053.59
- Block of the Month [Melissa]
- Robert Hoffman, available on website, choose and complete any 4 blocks, foundation paper piecing, add quarter inch on outside edge, questions to Mel on IG @mamamel781 , choose your colors and ignore the “requirements” from RH
- Challenge [Kirsten]
- 1st Quarter Challenge Complete – who has them to show
- Announce 2nd quarter challenge – Crayon Box challenge
- Holly H will execute the Q2 challenge
- Charity [Sharon]
- No announcements
- Bee [Nancy/Mary]
- Meet after general meeting
- Hospitality [Amber]
- No announcements
- Swap [Ana]
- Lanyard Swap will be held after general meeting
- Shoe travel bag for next swap, Lori Holt – see Swap page for details
Door Prize Drawing
- Congrats to our guest for winning the fabulous Quilt-Non prize!
- Congrats to Ana and Nancy for winning the block lottery!
Slow Sewing & Social Time at The Farm