PHXMQG Meeting Agenda
September 16, 2017 1-4pm
Mulqueens Sewing Center (Mesa)
- Introduction of new members & guests
- Welcome Julie & Kathleen!
- Approval of August 2017 meeting minutes
- Next sip n sew will be scheduled and eVites sent to members; good turnout at last one
- October Meeting Info – quilt photos at Veterans’ Oasis Park 3-6pm for good lighting
- Project bags – $12 each (less than what was announced at meeting! Sale!)
- Block Lottery
- Draw raffle ticket for September winner
- October Block: Economy blocks in a Halloween fabrics!
- Save the date for AMH workshop March 30th (pm) lecture on color theory; Sat March 31st all day workshop “Valuable Lessons”
- Vote on board for 2018. Slate is as follows
- President: Amber Eilers
- VP: Cristy Fincher
- Secretary: Erynn Truex
- Treasurer: Sara Brown
- Vote results: Fawna made a motion to approve the slate, Ana seconded, motion was approved – congrats new board!
- New board will start setting up committees and appointing chairs to ensure 2018 is planned and set by end of the year!
- New board: anything you want to address with membership?
- Q3 challenge – present and vote on winner, guest judge Carrie Bloomston!!
- Congrats Erika!
- Destash fees will be refunded
- AQG will be notified that the Destash has been cancelled
- Balance as of last meeting $3769.66
- Money in: $150.00; 3 new members, t-shirt sales, destash tables
- Money out: $690.86; project bags, domain renewal, PayPal fees
- New balance: $3208.80
- Block of the Month [Melissa]
- Present this month’s block
- Next year’s BOM will be from Lindsey for $5, her new pattern
- PayPal link will be announced when it is online
- Swap [Ana]
- Pillowcase Swap will be held after general meeting
- Announce next swap – Boxy Pouch
- Challenge [Kirsten]
- No Q4 challenge due to holidays!
- Charity [Sharon]
- Quiltcon blocks due today.
- Bee [Nancy/Mary]
- Bee meets after meeting/before workshop
Door Prize Drawing
- Prizes/Sponsors this month – Thank you Warm & Natural for the queen-sized battings
- Carol, Nedra, and Erika – congrats!
- SHOW & TELL–What makes your piece modern?
- Vitamin D Bee
SEASON 2: THE GREAT PHX MODERN QUILTING BEE