2017 Block of the Month
This year’s Chair, Mel W., has selected the Smorgasblocks Quilt to do as a quilt-along for our BOM program!
Remember your tags!
#PHXMQGBOM2017 #smorgasblocks and @eyecandyquilts – monthly featured designers listed below as well!
- January – No Y-Seam Feathered, read up on Eye Candy Quilts’ thoughts, and then sign up over on Threaded Quilting Studio’s site to get the free pattern. Reminder – you only need to do the 12″ block for our QAL+BOM.
- February – Make 7 Raspberry Kiss blocks, see instructions here
- March – Check out the Spinning Pyramids free pattern over on Robert Kaufman! There are 16 possible rotations of the patter, but you only need 4 for the BOM project. Make sure to leave 1/4″ seam allowance on the outside of your blocks for when we join them up together! Follow the link above, or click here for the .pdf – SpinningPyramids-revised20160106.
- April – Scandi Windmill by No Hats Quilts is a beautiful block to add! It introduces curved piecing and incorporates a little more paper piecing. Make sure you add a quarter inch on all sides at the end so there’s room for this block to be attached into the larger quilt top! Here’s the write up on Eye Candy Quilts.
- May – The Twizzle! This eye-catching block is a stunner and is a great use of the half-rectangle triangle. We are going to be doing three of this block, and if you plan your colors ahead of time, you can get the look of a double-helix. When you follow the link to download the free pattern, keep in mind that it is for a whole quilt top, and you only need to make three! Wheee!!
Pssst…. If you want to work ahead, check out all the blocks here.
Previous Years’ BOMs
Under construction… Check back later!