January 21, 2017 1-4pm
Mulqueen’s Sewing Center (Mesa)
- Introduction of new members & guests
- Guests: Laurie Gailey, Christina Nuckols
- New members: Kim Johnson, Valerie Bledso
- Approval of December 2016 meeting minutes
- Other announcements
- Mulqueen’s handed out 15% discount cards
- Brief review of the agenda for 2017
- January – jelly roll race for charity
- February – sew together bag – Kirsten Nelson
- March – Guest lecturer – Carrie Bloomston – talking about creativity and fabric design process
- April – Slow sew at The Farm at South Mountain
- May – Lindsey Neill – sharing how her business got started and Modern Make Club projects
- June – Sew Day – Sew Bella will be there with her quilt cart
- July – QuiltCon charity quilt
- August – Demo day/potluck
- September – Great Modern Quilting bee season two
- October – Quilt photos at Desert Oasis park, may start later in the afternoon so we have better light
- November – elections, Ana will provide a cross cut block tutorial
- December – potluck
- Calendar on the website is updated with ALL events and details
- January/February/March meetings will be at Mulqueens.
- March 25 – Latifah Safirr will be here for her Glam Clam workshop. We will take reservations next month.
- We are working on another workshop for the fall.
- March 2018 we will have a workshop with Anna Maria Horner.
- Joint Shop Hop coming with the Tucson MQG.
- Working on a destash/restash boutique. Details to follow.
- Rusty Barn Quilt show starting January 26th at the fairgrounds.
- Block Lottery
- Great idea borrowed from the Vegas MQG
- Participation is optional
- Participants bring blocks each month
- Participants will get one ticket for each block brought
- Our first block will be the scrappy pineapple block from the Dear Stella website
- Make the block scrappy with a white background
- Every block you bring gets you a raffle ticket, winner takes home all the blocks!
- Sip N Sew (Evites will go out)
- January 26th (Thursday) 6-8pm @
- February 22nd (Wednesday) 6-8pm @
- March 22nd (Wednesday) 6-8pm @
- Sew In (Evites will go out)
- Chandler PD Community Room 10am-4pm
- January 28th (Saturday)
- February 26th (Sunday)
- March 25th (Saturday)
Vice President Report
- 2017 Guild Swag Info
- Project Bags – banker type bags with the logo will be available for purchase.
- Pay 2017 Dues by January 31st to stay on the roster.
- Balance as of last meeting $
- Money in: $1190.00
- Money out: $1000.00
- New balance: $
- Block of the Month [Melissa]
- Smorgasblocks: No Y Seam Feathered Star by Eye Candy Quilts
- Swap [Ana]
- Pixie Basket Swap will be held after general meeting
- February – Journal cover
- Challenge [Kirsten]
- 1st Quarter Challenge: a project of your choice with Kona Color of the Year :Flamingo
- Due at March meeting
- Charity [Sharon]
- Mito Quilts for Hope is looking for charity quilts with a goal of making a quilt for everyone with Mitochondrial Disease in the US and Canada.
- Sunshine Acres – will provide details soon for the type of quilts they need
- Bee [Nancy/Mary]
- Sign ups and general announcements
- Bee meets after meeting/before workshop
- New bee will start in March
- Hospitality [Amber]
- Bring snacks on your birthday month
Door Prize Drawing
- Nedra – Bonnie and Camille fabrics
- Jen – Literary charm pack
- Lindsey – Pure Bred charm pack
- Mel – Michael Miller charm pack
- Bonnie – Ruler stand (provided by Omnigrid)
- Kim – Ruler (provided by Omnigrid)
- Denise – 8×12 ruler (provided by Omnigrid)
- Laurie – Rotary cutter and case (provided by Omnigrid)
- Tracy – twin sized batting
- SHOW & TELL–What makes your piece modern?
- Swap – Pixie basket swap
- Vitamin D Bee
WORKSHOP – Jelly Roll Race